Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Saying Yes to the Dress?

At this time on Saturday, I will be wedding dress shopping. I am so excited! I know that my wedding is three years away, but there are a lot of sales in bridal shops right now, and I intend to take advantage of that. I'll get a dress a couple of sizes bigger than I am now and have it altered closer to the wedding date, just in case. I've been browsing the internet for hours today, finding some of my favorite styles and specific dresses so that I'll know what I'm looking for when I actually go shopping. I may not even find the one I'm looking for, but it never hurts to look. And for those of you who think that the styles will be different in three years, you may be right. However, I am not the type of person that wants a wedding dress in the absolute latest fashion. I've known what type of dress I want for a long time now, and I am sure that whatever I pick will still be beautiful three years from now.

I'm not taking a ton of girls with me to go dress shopping. I don't want too many opinions, and I only want the females in my life that I am closest to. Because my wedding date is three years away, I haven't picked all of my bridesmaids just yet. I don't want to ask someone to be my bridesmaid, and then barely talk to them by the time the wedding rolls around. I may have many different friends by 2015. However, I have asked my best friend of over ten years, Alex, to be my maid of honor, and my two sisters to be bridesmaids, as I know that these are three women that will be with me for the rest of their lives. Tadd has not picked his groomsmen except for his best man, his brother.

Another thing I have done today is look up different photographers in the East Tennessee area. Our budget is only $10,000, and some of my favorite wedding photographers cost half that much for a wedding session!! Maybe I should get into the photography business myself...

Love,
Jayna

No comments:

Post a Comment