Sunday, July 22, 2012

Wedding Madness

I'm that type of girl that LOVES organization. I mean, loves. Like, really loves it. Which is why my wedding planner binder, The Pink Book, is absolutely made for me. It has printables for absolutely every aspect of the wedding you could think of. However, I keep finding other worksheets to use for wedding planning on various blogs and wedding websites all over the web. Anything I find that I don't already have in my Pink Book, I print. While this is going to help me cover all the bases when it comes to planning the wedding, it is also making my wedding planner very, very full.

I realize that planning a wedding without the help of a wedding coordinator can be stressful, but here are a few reasons that I can (hopefully) handle it.


1. I have a three year engagement.
I wish I could get married tomorrow. I really do. I long for the marriage more than the wedding. However, due to the fact that Tadd and I are both in college and don't have careers yet, three years is the soonest that we can do it and it be financially acceptable. Three years gives me plenty of time to gather ideas, find sales, and do all sorts of do-it-yourself projects.

2. Blogs, blogs, blogs.
Many of the ideas I have for my wedding I found online on various blogs. The internet really is an engaged girl's best friend. I don't have to look at bridal magazines anymore. I can simply type in anything I want in Google and find thousands of ideas for my wedding while sitting on my couch. How sweet is that?

3. Extremely helpful fiance. 
Tadd wasn't too thrilled about the whole planning process at first, but I convinced him that this is OUR wedding, and I want us to plan it together. I don't want him to be surprised on the day of the wedding with the color scheme, the menu for the reception, or our first dance song. We've actually had a lot of fun planning the wedding, and he has been very helpful with figuring out ways to do this ourselves.

I'm praying for wisdom in this planning process. I hope to not become one of those Bridezillas, even though Tadd is already teasingly calling me one. Well, I hope he's teasing...

Love,
Jayna

No comments:

Post a Comment